When you own a vehicle in Altoona, IA, it’s good to purchase the right auto insurance coverage. This way, your vehicle is protected against various perils, including theft, vandalism, hail, fire, accidents, and many more. You are also protected against liabilities and medical expenses you incur following an auto accident.
However, the reality is that auto insurance can be confusing even to the most experienced car owners. With many myths flying around, separating the chaff from the grain can be a daunting task. Thankfully, Luke Peterson Insurance is here to offer auto insurance facts that will enable you to make an informed decision every time you shop for car insurance.
Auto insurance is mandatory in Iowa
Iowa requires you to carry liability coverage in your auto insurance policy. The liability coverage should have minimum bodily injury and property damage coverages to protect you when involved in a car accident that you are at fault.
Car insurance comes with more than one option
Auto insurance isn’t about liability protection only. It incorporates other options for optimal coverage. Typical auto insurance coverages include:
- Comprehensive coverage for non-collision perils, like theft, fire, and vandalism.
- Medical payments coverage to pay for medical expenses and final expenses for you and your passengers following an auto accident.
- Collision coverage to cover for your car damage after an auto accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage to protect you against damages and medical expenses caused by motorists with little or no insurance
Car insurance rates are not standard
Yes, your auto insurance computation won’t be the same for your spouse or colleague, even when the vehicle model is similar. Insurance companies factor in the below when determining your auto insurance rate.
- Claim history
- Driving record
- Credit rating
- Marital status
- Occupation and education level
You can show proof of insurance ownership from your phone
In Iowa State, when asked to prove vehicle insurance ownership, you can use a car insurance ID card from your smartphone.
Car insurance in Iowa
Need auto insurance? You are on the right page. Contact Luke Peterson Insurance in Altoona, IA, and our friendly team will help protect you and your vehicle.